Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter (Well Anytime) Chocolate

If I do indulge in something, 9 out of 10 times it's chocolate.  In fact, even five years ago good dark chocolate was one food I still ate frequently.  I think the key for me is not to have the fake kind with lots of sugars.  Something about a small amout of dark chocolate is so satisfying, it's hard to overdo it!  Truffles are my favorite and I have a simple recipe that I bring as a dessert, thank you, tea, house-warming gift, and just about anything else. 
Recipe:
1/2 cup creamer (I used Silk Soy creamer)
12 oz dark chocolate
2 Tbsp olive or canola oil
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp vanilla or other alcohol of you choice

1. All you need to do is melt the oil and chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds
2. Add in the remaining ingredients and let cool until slightly firm
3. Shape the chocoate into truffles
4. Truffes can then be rolled in cocoa powder, nuts, or dipped in plain melted chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment