Monday, April 5, 2010

First Post!

Exercise THEN:

I used to be so involved with exercise that my entire day was of arranged around my hour and a half session. It was already hard enough to eat little, so exercising a lot seemed to be the only way to maintain the figure I deemed fit. I primarily ran or swam almost every day. It did work, if you define working as not gaining weight, but trying to exercise that much wasn’t healthy for the rest of me. I was always sore from some sort of overuse injury and was tired always having to get up two hours earlier than needed to fit my routine in.

Exercise NOW:

I still exercise, but it’s now something I like to do that makes me actually feel good. Surprising. If I don’t work out, I have trouble sleeping, am a bit crankier, and am just plain restless all day. Plus I find exercising helps my body to ask for healthier food and I am less likely to want chocolate or other sweets when what I need is a meal! I also have expanded what I consider exercise. For me, exercise no longer has to happen in spandex. I have broadened my sense of exercise which involves walking to the grocery store, biking, and yes even bedroom activities count in my book. I try to limit myself to 30 minutes of moderate cardio 5 times a week + other leisure activity. This has worked for me to keep my body strong, but help me not to go overboard or become overly reliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment